Using passion, innovation & creativity to expand & accelerate your awards portfolio…
08.15 Breakfast Boost Start: Awards Entry Consultants – benefits for organisers
09.30 Registration (Technology in action)
09.30 Welcome address and warm up
09.45 OPENING KEYNOTE
John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd
Michael O’Hara, CMO, GSMA Ltd
Followed by an interview Q & A with chair Simone Broadhurst, Events Director – Incisive Business, Incisive Media
10.30 Networking break + RFID Treasure Hunt + Speaker’s Corner
11:00 Keeping it Fresh: Maintaining Interest in an Established Awards Event
- Strategies for keeping your industry engaged year on year
- Maintaining the quality of entries
- Growing the number of entries
- Breathing in new life and deciding when to reinvent
- Boosting revenue through alternative revenue streams
Melissa Irving, Group Event Director, Construction & Engineering, EMAP
11:40 Best Practice in Creating and Launching a new Must-Attend Industry Awards Event
A series of presentations followed by a discussion around case studies of successful new events.
Paul Sagoo, Founder, The Asian Awards
Damian Bailey, Founder and Chairman of the Judging Panel, The Wedding Industry Awards
Geoff Curran, Energy Live News – The Energy Live Consultancy Awards
12.50 5 by 5 (Technology company – five slides, in five minutes)
12.55 5 by 5 (Technology company – five slides, in five minutes)
13.00 Buffet Lunch and Innovation Labs in exhibition area + RFID Treasure Hunt
13.40 Table Top speed networking
14.10 Post-lunch Group Mediation for Focus
14:20 Securing & Retaining More Sponsorship Revenue & Maximising Value for Sponsors
- Demonstrating ROI for your sponsors
- Which stats and how to deliver them?
- Extending face to face contact outside the awards night
- Expanding networking opportunities for sponsors
- How to measure success and growth internally
Sarah Austin, Awards Director, UBM EMEA
14:50 Social Media IS your Marketing Strategy
- Generating entries
- Increasing table sales
- As part of the judging process
- Wider PR
- Nurturing your industry influencers
15:20 A Different Take on Launching into New Regions to Maximise Impact from the First Event: Passion, Creativity and Influence
Jason Gale, Creator, London Lifestyle Awards
15.50 5 by 5 (Technology company – five slides, in five minutes)
15.55 5 by 5 (Technology company – five slides, in five minutes)
16.00 Networking break (klaxon every five minutes) + RFID Treasure Hunt + Speaker’s Corner
16.30 AWARDS SUMMIT ROUND TABLES
- Novel approaches to judging – how to attract key judges, online vs in person, live polling, new approaches.
- The effective use of content from Awards entries in other channels.
- The importance of social media in generating excitement about awards.
- Marketing do’s and don’ts when inviting entries and attendance, best practice in developing and maintaining data.
- At the event itself – keeping it fresh, an ideas exchange for novel ideas
- Technology – what’s out there and how effective is it
- Who’s reliable and who is not at hosting Awards – Speakers’ Corner
17.15 CLOSING KEYNOTE
Masterthief: Achieving Breakthrough by Challenging Industry Norms and Stealing Ideas from Outside your Current Environment
From flat beds on BA flights to the turnaround of Eurostar and Sainsbury’s Bank, Hamish Taylor drives innovation in businesses, successfully leading them through times of change or challenge by putting the customer at the heart of any brand or offering. As a speaker, he provides business insight at all levels, inspiring you with his humorous stories, practical tools and infectious enthusiasm to look outside your current environment.
17.45 Closing Address and final networking activity
17.55 Networking Drinks Party