Awards Summit Agenda
Using passion, innovation & creativity to expand & accelerate your awards portfolio…
08.00 Optional Breakfast Briefing
House of Brands or House of Cards? An outside view of the events industry based on experience of working closely with Informa.
The events market is changing rapidly. Face to face will always play a part but there will be fewer which requires changes in business model to win. Within the fabric of the industry, partnering and communities are becoming vital. Data driven decision making is key in this as is being part of the industry community. Digital platforms enable both of these to happen – can you afford not to win this?
Michael Von Der Geest, Advisory – EMEIA, Ernst & Young LLP
09.15 Welcome address and warm up
Charlie Crowe, Chairman, Csquared
09.30 OPENING KEYNOTE – a plenary session for all 4 Summits
How did Mobile World Congress get to be the most successful B2B conference in the world?
- Through the lens of the key elements
- Understanding the philosophy for future development
John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd
Michael O’Hara, CMO, GSMA Ltd
10.15 Networking break
Awards Summit Chair: Simone Broadhurst, Events Director – Incisive Business, Incisive Media
10.45 Keeping it Fresh: Maintaining Interest in an Established Awards Event
- Strategies for keeping your industry engaged year on year
- Maintaining the quality of entries
- Growing the number of entries
- Breathing in new life and deciding when to reinvent
- Boosting revenue through alternative revenue streams
Melissa Irving, Group Event Director, Construction & Engineering, EMAP
11.30 Best Practice in Creating and Launching a new Must-Attend Industry Awards Event
A series of presentations followed by a discussion around case studies of successful new events.
Paul Sagoo, Founder, The Asian Awards
Damian Bailey, Founder and Chairman of the Judging Panel, The Wedding Industry Awards
Geoff Curran, Commercial Director & Co-founder, Energy Live News – The Energy Live Consultancy Awards
12.45 Buffet Lunch
14.15 Securing & Retaining More Sponsorship Revenue & Maximising Value for Sponsors
- Demonstrating ROI for your sponsors
- Which stats and how to deliver them?
- Extending face to face contact outside the awards night
- Expanding networking opportunities for sponsors
- How to measure success and growth internally
Sarah Austin, Awards Director, UBM EMEA
14.50 Social Media IS your Marketing Strategy
- Generating entries
- Increasing table sales
- As part of the judging process
- Wider PR
- Nurturing your industry influencers
Jenni O’Donovan, Head of Events, Civil Society Media
Matthew Riviere, Head of Marketing, Civil Society Media
15.20 A Different Take on Launching into New Regions to Maximise Impact from the First Event: Passion, Creativity and Influence
Jason Gale, Creator, London Lifestyle Awards
16.00 Networking break
16.30 AWARDS SUMMIT ROUND TABLES
- Novel approaches to judging – how to attract key judges, online vs in person, live polling, new approaches.
- The effective use of content from Awards entries in other channels.
- The importance of social media in generating excitement about awards.
- Marketing do’s and don’ts when inviting entries and attendance, best practice in developing and maintaining data.
- At the event itself – keeping it fresh, an ideas exchange for novel ideas
- Technology – what’s out there and how effective is it
- Who’s reliable and who is not at hosting Awards – Speakers Corner
17.15 CLOSING KEYNOTE
Masterthief: Achieving Breakthrough by Challenging Industry Norms and Stealing Ideas from Outside your Current Environment
From flat beds on BA flights to the turnaround of Eurostar and Sainsbury’s Bank, Hamish Taylor drives innovation in businesses, successfully leading them through times of change or challenge by putting the customer at the heart of any brand or offering. As a speaker, he provides business insight at all levels, inspiring you with his humorous stories, practical tools and infectious enthusiasm to look outside your current environment.
Hamish Taylor, Former CEO Sainsbury’s Bank and Eurostar
17.45 Closing Address
17.55 Networking Drinks Party