All the latest insider market knowledge & expert takes on exploiting new revenue streams…
08.15 House of Brands or House of Cards? An outside view of the events industry based on experience of working closely with Informa.
The events market is changing rapidly. Face to face will always play a part but there will be fewer which requires changes in business model to win. Within the fabric of the industry, partnering and communities are becoming vital. Data driven decision making is key in this as is being part of the industry community. Digital platforms enable both of these to happen – can you afford not to win this?
Michael Von Der Geest, Advisory – EMEIA, Ernst & Young LLP
09.00 Registration (Technology in action)
09.30 Welcome address and warm up
Charlie Crowe, Chairman, Csquared
09.45 OPENING KEYNOTE (joint plenary)
How did Mobile World Congress get to be the most successful B2B conference in the world?
- Through the lens of the key elements
- Understanding the philosophy for future development
John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd
Michael O’Hara, CMO, GSMA Ltd
10.30 Networking Break (klaxon every five minutes) + RFID Treasure Hunt + Speaker’s Corner
Conference Summit Chair: Charlie Crowe, Chairman & Editor in Chief, C Squared
11.00 What in the world can go wrong? From launch to sale – what you wished you had known before you started
- How to embrace failure as training
- Very few people get things right first time, learning from mistakes
- Every idea doesn’t have to be brand new
- Making the magic work in the end
Nick Field, former MD, Legend Exhibitions Ltd
Peter Jones, Chief Executive, Nineteen Events
11.50 Innovation Panel: doing things differently, new launches, different territories, alternative formats
Jonathan Whiteley, CEO, Incisive Media
13.00 Buffet Lunch and Innovation Labs in exhibition area + RFID Treasure Hunt
13.40 Table Top speed networking (optional)
14.10 Post-lunch Group Mediation for Focus
14.15 How creativity is essential to enhance the conference experience
- Reshaping your event for profit by doing something different
- Creating the wow factor
- Where to go for inspiration
John Emmerson, Director of Events, MEED Dubai
14.50 Using Data and Insights to identify opportunities for growth
Using Data and Insights to identify opportunities for growth and manage declining events: New digital strategies to gain information and insights on events – pinpointing those conferences with growth potential and flagging those at risk – and doing something about it.
John Barnes, Chief Digital Officer, Infopro Digital
15.25 M&A Activity and Company Valuations
- How are companies being priced and valued
- What are the strategic M&A drivers for the next 12 months?
- Insights into the national and global market for M&A in an increasingly challenging economy.
- Impact on activity in the specialist B2B conference sector?
Mark Eisenstadt, Founder, Fusion Corporate Partners UK
16.00 Networking break (klaxon every five minutes) + RFID Treasure Hunt + Speaker’s Corner
16.30 ROUND TABLES
- Women in Events: The Power of Networking
- Ideas for driving better delegate networking before, during and after the event
- Community building
- Building your career during pregnancy and parenthood
- Recruitment and retention
- Sponsorship sales: recruitment, management, incentives and rewards
- Sharing ideas on delegate engagement
- Festivalisation: why, what, how?
- Freelancers meet-up (conference producers)
- How to sell your event
17.15 CLOSING KEYNOTE
Masterthief: Achieving breakthrough by challenging industry norms and stealing ideas from outside your current environment
From flat beds on BA flights to the turnaround of Eurostar and Sainsbury’s Bank, Hamish Taylor drives innovation in businesses, successfully leading them through times of change or challenge by putting the customer at the heart of any brand or offering. As a speaker, he provides business insight at all levels, inspiring you with his humorous stories, practical tools and infectious enthusiasm to look outside your current environment.