Conference Summit Agenda
All the latest insider market knowledge & expert takes on exploiting new revenue streams…
08.15 Optional Breakfast Briefing
House of Brands or House of Cards? An outside view of the events industry based on experience of working closely with Informa.
The events market is changing rapidly. Face to face will always play a part but there will be fewer which requires changes in business model to win. Within the fabric of the industry, partnering and communities are becoming vital. Data driven decision making is key in this as is being part of the industry community. Digital platforms enable both of these to happen – can you afford not to win this?
Michael Von Der Geest, Advisory – EMEIA, Ernst & Young LLP
09.15 Welcome address and warm up
Charlie Crowe, Chairman, & Editor in Chief, Csquared
09.30 OPENING KEYNOTE – a plenary session for all 4 Summits
How did Mobile World Congress get to be the most successful B2B conference in the world?
- Through the lens of the key elements
- Understanding the philosophy for future development
John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd
Michael O’Hara, CMO, GSMA
10.15 Networking Break
Conference Summit Chair: Charlie Crowe, Chairman & Editor in Chief, C Squared
10.45 What in the world can go wrong? From launch to sale – what you wished you had known before you started
- How to embrace failure as training
- Very few people get things right first time, learning from mistakes
- Every idea doesn’t have to be brand new
- Making the magic work in the end
Nick Field, former MD, Legend Exhibitions Ltd
Peter Jones, Chief Executive, Nineteen Events
11.30 Innovation Panel: doing things differently, new launches, different territories, alternative formats
James Gareh, CEO, Insight Events
Noel Hillmann, Chief Executive Officer, Clear Path Analysis
Ruth Carter, Managing Director, Telegraph Events
Tim Willoughby, Managing Director, Ocean Media Group
Bilal Kapadia, Director, Savant Events
Jack Pegram, Managing Director, Getenergy Events Ltd
Colete Leong-son, Event Professional, Institution of Mechanical Engineers
12.45 Buffet Lunch
14.00 How creativity is essential to enhance the conference experience
- Reshaping your event for profit by doing something different
- Creating the wow factor
- Where to go for inspiration
14.35 Using Data and Insights to identify opportunities for growth
Using Data and Insights to identify opportunities for growth and manage declining events: New digital strategies to gain information and insights on events – pinpointing those conferences with growth potential and flagging those at risk – and doing something about it.
John Barnes, Chief Digital Officer, Infopro Digital
15.10 M&A Activity and Company Valuations
- How are companies being priced and valued
- What are the strategic M&A drivers for the next 12 months?
- Insights into the national and global market for M&A in an increasingly challenging economy.
- Impact on activity in the specialist B2B conference sector?
Mark Eisenstadt, Founder, Fusion Corporate Partners UK
Paul Slight, Founder, Fusion Corporate Partners UK
15.45 Networking break
16.15 ROUND TABLES
- Women in Events: aiming for the top
Carrie Swift, Consultant, The Media House
- Ideas for driving better delegate networking before, during and after the event
- Sponsorship sales: recruitment, management, incentives and rewards
Sanjay Singh, Managing Director, SKS Events Consultancy
- How to sell your event
Nadim Chaudhry, Chief Executive Officer, Green Power
- Effective leadership of event teams
- Festivalisation: why, what, how?
- Technology: what’s out there and how effective is it?
A senior representative from DB Systems
- Getting maximum value from your Host or Chairman
Nick Gold, Owner and Managing Director, Speakers Corner
17.00 CLOSING KEYNOTE
Masterthief: Achieving breakthrough by challenging industry norms and stealing ideas from outside your current environment
From flat beds on BA flights to the turnaround of Eurostar and Sainsbury’s Bank, Hamish Taylor drives innovation in businesses, successfully leading them through times of change or challenge by putting the customer at the heart of any brand or offering. As a speaker, he provides business insight at all levels, inspiring you with his humorous stories, practical tools and infectious enthusiasm to look outside your current environment.