09.00 Registration & Technology in action
09.30 Welcome address and warm up
09.35 Events Events Opening Keynote: 0-6000 delegates in 3 years at World Summit AI
- Building and maintaining momentum
- Taking risks
- Doing things differently
10.05 Events Events Industry Keynote: Insights from the UBM/Informa combination; the biggest ever merger of events companies
- Why is big better: for shareholders, for customers, for the company?
- Lessons learned along the way
- Insights into the long term impact on the rest of the industry: will the need for more and more data create a drive for consolidation and scale? How will this affect small and medium-sized companies and the entrepreneurial nature of the industry?
10.30 Networking Break (klaxon every five minutes) + speed networking
Venue Summit Chair
11.00 Panel: Industry Leaders Vision for the Future after Brexit
- Impact on staffing, recruitment and visas
- Will incoming international bookings be affected?
- How will the UK compete in the international market?
- Food and other costs inflation
11.45 Technology Update
11.55 Go to Round Tables
12.05 ROUND TABLES
- Leadership, career building and opportunities
- Unique aspects of running smaller venues
- Collaboration with competitors for mutual benefit
- Identifying and opening up new revenue channels
13.00 Lunch and exhibition
13.30 Table Top speed networking (optional)
14.00 Panel on Social media platforms: how to use to best effect, developments for the future, ones to watch
- Which platforms to use for greatest impact?
- How to use to best effect?
- Developments for the future and ones to watch
14.35 Panel: Innovation in food
- Market trends and how that is reflected in event catering
- New formats and ideas, within budget
- Do you need to play it safe? Or is the pressure the other way now?
15.20 Innovation and creativity in delivering client’s vision
- What are clients looking for in terms of new and exciting ideas?
- What innovation can realistically be delivered by the venue?
- Sharing ideas and experiences of delivering creative events
15.45 Technology Update
15.55 Networking Break (klaxon every five minutes) + speed networking
16.25 ROUND TABLES
- Accurately measuring impact through touch points: where do your bookings really come from?
- Which venue listing site and why? Sharing experiences and insight
- Ideas for driving better delegate networking before, during and after the event
- Community building
- Google Analytics: top tips
17.10 CLOSING KEYNOTE
After rising through the ranks marketing British Airways and Thomas Cook, Tony was appointed Sales and Marketing Director of easyJet six months before the airline’s first flight, subsequently working on the launch and development of the company, taking the easyGroup brand into new business areas from car rental to internet cafes. Outside of travel, Tony has held senior positions online bank Egg, TNS and The Children’s Mutual. Tony is an expert speaker on branding, online marketing and communications and an active adviser to start-up companies and small businesses. He will bring his extensive business experiences to focusing his closing keynote on new challenges for wider marketing in the events industry with ideas and insights both for large established companies and new start-ups. He is the author of “Easyland”.
17.30 Closing Address and final networking activity
17.35 Networking Drinks Party